Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Philips_Raffael_19TD330A
Well this Raffael had a flight with a tough landing...
Thanks for your comment, I think a tough landing wouldn't break the wood case at the top and bottom even somebody had done sabotage. You look at the first photo I did the segond day of reparation, the yellow cable connected from the pin 7 of the flyback transformer to the booster capacitor had been cutted in the middle, I realised about that because I changed that capacitor. If I hadn't changed that capacitor I wouldn't have realised about the cutted cable and taking measure of tension there I'd take 0V thinking the primary winding of the flyback transformer was defective.

You will never find out what really has happened to this set - and it even doesn't matter. Take the status quo as a fact. Better concentrate on the repairs to be done. Good luck with that :-)

BR Stefan
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your comment, you're right about that. I finished repairing the TV one and a half months ago. I want to do a detailed post about that, I haven't got enough time for doing that in a day so that I've been sharing few things with you every few days or a week. Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Jose.
However, the Raffael 330 is a very nice set, and it is quite rare too. This 47 cm screen size was not popular in W-Germany in those days. They were only five 47cm models in the market in 1961. People preferred the 59cm tube.

BR Stefan
I got a Raffael a few years ago from a friend. It is not in 100% original condition (the rear cover is adapted from a SABA-set). It is prepared for UHF, but the UHF-tuner isn't built in.
But 47cm? I believe it is a AW43-88 with 43cm ?!.
I also got a second Raffael - without a housing/case.
The Philips sets from that era are quite reliable.
Moin Stefan & Siemens78!,

Stefan, you're right about people liked bigger screens than the Rafael Automatic. It's good you can move by yourself the TV, even he's got two handles. I think Siemens78 is right about the diagonal of 43cm. This TV has originally got the UHF tuner built in.

After repairing the cut cable between pin 7 of Flyback Transformer and the booster capacitor and the broken wood case I tried to turn the TV on, the result was a line not much horizontal on the screen. Obviously there were something broken in the vertical oscillator. By the way could somebody tell me why this TV has got vertical & horizontal automatic synchronism and others newer models as the Tizian 23TD394A (1964-1965) has only got horizontal automatic synchronism?.

Best wishes,
Jose.
Moin!

The fourth day of reparation I found out why the screen had showed an horizontal line. There were 3 loose cables in the Vertical Line Transformer, after welding them the screen showed the menu of the DV3 box. The next day I applied varnish on the repaired wood case, fix a tuner & horizontal synchronism problem, you'll see those things on the next post. 

Kind regards,
Jose.
He lives! He lives! (Dr. Frankenstein)
Moin Stefan!
Thank you for your comment Smiley32 Yes, it surprised me too!. I had to used the schematic for finding out where to connect the loose cables. I'll share a video with you soon which you can download for watching the TV working.
Best regards,
Jose.
Hallo,

schon der Wahnsinn den zerkloppten Fernseher wieder zu beleben.

Mein Respekt.

An der Front ist zu lesen Automatic, wofür steht das?

Beim früheren Rafena Stadion 2 Z gab es auch eine Automatic, ich glaube für die Anpassung der Helligkeit.

Hello,

The madness to revive the battered TV.

My respect.

At the front you can read Automatic, what does it stand for?

At the former Rafena Stadion 2 Z there was also an automatic, I think for the adjustment of the brightness.
Moin Daniel!

Thanks for your comment. This TV was one of the first with automatic horizontal & vertical automatic synchronization (that's the reason of Automatic) also with fine tuning. Most TVs of that time & few years later have had internal adjustment for the horizontal synchronization & external adjustment at the back for the vertical synchronization. This TV hasn't got any internal or external manual adjustment for the synchronization because it doesn't need that. 

Kind regards,
Jose.
Moin mates!,

The fifth day of reparation I'd connected the antenna to the DV3 box, after I found a picture with much noise (the problem has been fixed changing the valve PC88) & an horizontal synchronisation problem (the problem has been fixed changing the PL504 valve). I found even 2 peanut shells, you can see one of them on the first photo. We know now who tried to repair or destroy the TV has eaten peanuts...Also you can download a video of the TV working using that link:

https://frixos.wetransfer.com/downloads/...417/8b9de9

I'd like you to leave your comments here, thank you.

Best wishes,
Jose.

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

(21.05.2019, 22:53)Siemens78 schrieb: I got a Raffael a few years ago from a friend. It is not in 100% original condition (the rear cover is adapted from a SABA-set). It is prepared for UHF, but the UHF-tuner isn't built in.
But 47cm? I believe it is a AW43-88 with 43cm ?!.
I also got a second Raffael - without a housing/case.
The Philips sets from that era are quite reliable.

I think both Stefan & you are right because Stefan said about the size of screen you see outside of the TV and you said about the total size of the screen.
Hello guys.

Definitely not. This here is a 47cm tube AW47-91, not a 43-88. The difference between these two is not really the size, but the shape of the screen. The 47 cm is much more rectangular than the very round screen of the 43cm type. I add a pic of a TV with AW 43-88 - you will clearly see the difference (which is not a matter of the plastic frame!!) Due to the fact the size gives the diameter from corner to corner, the 47cm type offers 4 additional centimeters because corners are "sharper". The usable screen height is in fact the same for both types!

And by the way, on all (!!) old picture tubes (old means before 1985) the given size referes to the actual tube size, NOT the visible (usable) screen size!

BR Stefan

.jpg   Phi ähnl Raffael 259.JPG (Größe: 21,67 KB / Downloads: 82)
(15.06.2019, 21:54)Klarzeichner schrieb: Hello guys.

Definitely not. This here is a 47cm tube AW47-91, not a 43-88. The difference between these two is not really the size, but the shape of the screen. The 47 cm is much more rectangular than the very round screen of the 43cm type. I add a pic of a TV with AW 43-88 - you will clearly see the difference (which is not a matter of the plastic frame!!) Due to the fact the size gives the diameter from corner to corner, the 47cm type offers 4 additional centimeters because corners are "sharper". The usable screen height is in fact the same for both types!

And by the way, on all (!!) old picture tubes (old means before 1985) the given size referes to the actual tube size, NOT the visible (usable) screen size!

BR Stefan

Moin all!,

You're right Stefan!, even though radiomuseum.org gives you the diagonal 416mm which seems to be the useful size of the CRT or maybe that size is wrong, I don't know, the commercial size is 19", this is 48cm, approximately the size you said. Thanks Stefan for your explanation.

Best wishes,
Jose.
(16.06.2019, 00:14)bas1_es schrieb:
(15.06.2019, 21:54)Klarzeichner schrieb: Hello guys.

BR Stefan

Moin all!,

You're right Stefan!, even though radiomuseum.org gives you the diagonal 416mm which seems to be the useful size of the CRT or maybe that size is wrong, I don't know, the commercial size is 19", this is 48cm, approximately the size you said. Thanks Stefan for your explanation.

Best wishes,
Jose.

Moin all!,

The size given by radiomuseum.org is right because 416mm is the width of the screen not the diagonal.

Kind regards,
Jose.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Philips_Raffael_19TD330A Bastelbube 12 14.090 17.05.2016, 15:33
Letzter Beitrag: julius72

Gehe zu: