Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Grundig 97
I have a Grundig 97 radio in my collection (red cabinet), which is working on medium wave, but on U.K.W it is completely dead. It did work earlier on, but someone thought that the push button switching may be the cause of the failure on this band. Are these switches sometimes the cause of the failure of certain bands, and do they slip out of their normal position?
Mike
Hello

Yes , the switch may be the cause , a thorough cleaning can help .
Gruß Helmut
----------------
(14.05.2015, 16:36)Helmut schrieb: Hello

Yes , the switch may be the cause , a thorough cleaning can help .

Hi Helmut. Many thanks for your reply.
The switch does not require cleaning, I believe that it may have slipped out of circuit (the switch slider), I suppose these things do happen?
Regards
Mike
Hello,

check the ECC85! It is one of the main reason, that UKW ist not working. I think, the most of the Grundig 97 have problems with that!
Viele Grüße

Franz Bernhard

... und die Radios laufen nicht weg.....
(20.05.2015, 22:18)Franz Bernhard schrieb: Hello,

check the ECC85! It is one of the main reason, that UKW ist not working. I think, the most of the Grundig 97 have problems with that!
Hi Franz.
Many thanks for your reply.
I have tried the ECC85 tube replacement, but no success. I have even been in the tuner box to check for faulty components.
regards
Mike
Hi Mike , in the UKW box is very seldom a mistake. Have you ever external music fed on TA ??
mit freundlichen grüßen aus Dielfen (Siegerland)
Dietmar
Wenn einer dem anderen hilft ohne daraus Profit schlagen zu wollen dann sind wir auf einem guten Weg
Hi,
as Dietmar already wrote, do not change anything about the FM-Casket. If the tube might be weak, take another one of the same brand(Valvo=Valvo; Telefunken=Telefunken an so on;;; a tube with NOS-Values might not be the best one in a specific circuit; one with smaller values, even a dead one might work better, as long it is the same brand). Normally tubes were made to be the same all over the world, no matter were they came from. But in the FM-parts of our tube-radios, the whole tuner was designed around the tube. Tubes have much more measurable values, than written in the datasheets; some call it science, others call it religion.(And the third party just listenes to the radio)
Harald wrote a lot of golden information about the FM-Parts and especially about the tubes used in there, please look here and even i understood just about 12 percent, as i ain't no engineer this was a great gift to me. Repairing the old machines.
Best Regards,
Jean
(22.05.2015, 19:41)Jean_Berlin schrieb: Hi,
as Dietmar already wrote, do not change anything about the FM-Casket. If the tube might be weak, take another one of the same brand(Valvo=Valvo; Telefunken=Telefunken an so on;;; a tube with NOS-Values might not be the best one in a specific circuit; one with smaller values, even a dead one might work better, as long it is the same brand). Normally tubes were made to be the same all over the world, no matter were they came from. But in the FM-parts of our tube-radios, the whole tuner was designed around the tube. Tubes have much more measurable values, than written in the datasheets; some call it science, others call it religion.(And the third party just listenes to the radio)
Harald wrote a lot of golden information about the FM-Parts and especially about the tubes used in there, please look here and even i understood just about 12 percent, as i ain't no engineer this was a great gift to me. Repairing the old machines.
Best Regards,
Jean
Hi Jean_Berlin.
Many thanks for your reply.
By the looks of it, the tuner has been replaced at some stage by another type, it has 97a or some other number written on the side. My model is actually 97. Maybe there are differences in internal circuitry?
I will look at the reference number that you gave me.
It is such a nice looking radio, and were they made in a variety of colours?
Another problem is that at some stage the l.w antenna coil has been damaged (flattened), so I will have to replace that at some time. I do not have any spares at present.
My goal is to make a museum of old radios in the north of England, using British & European radios, for everyone to enjoy. Up to now, I have not had much success.
I am glad to hear that you also enjoy restoring these wonderful looking old radios, so good luck with your projects.
My (late) father influenced me with this hobby as he was a professional engineer more than 52 years ago.
Regards
Mike (Leeds, U.K)
(22.05.2015, 18:48)Dietmar schrieb: Hi Mike , in the UKW box is very seldom a mistake. Have you ever external music fed on TA ??

Hi Dietmar.
Many thanks for your reply. I will try and i/p music from external source on t/a.
Regards
Mike
(24.05.2015, 13:44)Tornado schrieb: By the looks of it, the tuner has been replaced at some stage by another type, it has 97a or some other number written on the side. My model is actually 97. Maybe there are differences in internal circuitry?

Is it this model?
There are often export versions made for the American market, where FM goes up to 108MHz instead of 100MHz in Germany.
If this is the case with yours, the "A" obviously stands for "America" and the "replacement" is the original tuner.
I'd be happy with some tube radios with 108MHz tuner, they are quite hard to find in Germany - expecially in radios of the 50s Sad
Gruß,
Uli
Hello.

The difference of 97W to 97Wa is.
97W has only phono sockets Bannane who 97Wa has TB / TA 3-pole.
The FM boxes are inden table 7435-011, 100Mhz types
Mike

Please check wire wound resistor 150 Ohm R29, she is often open!
(24.05.2015, 17:46)mike jordan schrieb: Hello.

The difference of 97W to 97Wa is.
97W has only phono sockets Bannane who 97Wa has TB / TA 3-pole.
The FM boxes are inden table 7435-011, 100Mhz types
Mike

Please check wire wound resistor 150 Ohm R29, she is often open!
Hi Mike.
I managed to find that the tuner has been marked with Grundig 97b on the can. Also the drive cords are intact, but the clutch assemly that separates them seems to be moving when the buttons are pressed, but you can not drive either a.m or f.m when the tuning knob is turned. Any ideas, please?
Regards
Mike
Hi mike-
Look there

http://www.radiomuseum.org/forum/grundig...raet2.html

I am not able to write all Informations in englisch .

mike jordan
(26.05.2015, 15:46)mike jordan schrieb: Hi mike-
Look there

mike jordan

Hi Mike.
Many thanks for the information. I will study this carefully.
Cheers
Mike
(26.05.2015, 16:31)Tornado schrieb:
(26.05.2015, 15:46)mike jordan schrieb: Hi mike-
Look there

mike jordan

Hi Mike.
Many thanks for the information. I will study this carefully.
Cheers
Mike
Hi. It looks quite a complex job to do, but I will put it to one side for a future time. Also, I noticed that the u.k.w pointer has broken on its end.
Regards
Mike

Gehe zu: