Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Saalburg 5170C G.D.R
I managed to buy this radio from a charity shop in Headingley, Leeds a while back. The rubber bands holding the ferrite antenna broke and the assembly fell down, causing the rod to damage the tuning gang vanes, and damaging the original l.w coil. Eventually I obtained a new tuning gang, but I could not obtain an original l.w antenna coil, so I had to subsidize one from stock. Also some of the smaller coils inside gave problems on long, medium & short (not u.k.w). Luckily a guy in Amsterdam sold me a complete board with keyboards, so all I have to do is
(i) replace the old board with the new one
(ii) remove the old keyboard and install the new one for simplicity
This is the first radio that I have had using festoon dial lamps, luckily I have some spares.
Did RFT make this radio in Sonneberg, and if so what was the exact year, please? Is there a good schaltplan for this radio, please? If I require further spares, can any be obtained?
As a fan of the offshore radio era, I was pleased to see Radio Veronica mentioned on the glass tuning dial.
Regards
Mike
Ich kann kein Englisch !
Das Baujahr dürfte 1965 sein.

Hallo, die Unterlagen kannst du von mir bekommen.
Dazu brauche ich deine E-Mail Adresse. Datei ist 6 MB Gross.
Habe immer soviel Arbeit, dass ich mir eine aussuchen kann. Smile

Grüße Frank, der Moschti
Hi,

the Saalburg Model was made in Sonneberg 1964. The C Models were for export use (Scale up to 104MHz, not just 100, and the build in ferrite antenna). The Saalburg chassis was also widely used in lower quality radiograms. It was also built in some variations like "Weimar" or "Jena" so spare parts should not be very rare.

Thommi

P.S. Mornigstar said: you can obtain the wiring diagram from him, if you give him your email adress. The filesize would be about 6 MB.
(20.05.2015, 17:29)Thommi schrieb: Hi,

the Saalburg Model was made in Sonneberg 1964. The C Models were for export use (Scale up to 104MHz, not just 100, and the build in ferrite antenna). The Saalburg chassis was also widely used in lower quality radiograms. It was also built in some variations like "Weimar" or "Jena" so spare parts should not be very rare.

Thommi

P.S. Mornigstar said: you can obtain the wiring diagram from him, if you give him your email adress. The filesize would be about 6 MB.
Hi Thommi. Many thanks for your reply.
Was RFT the manufacturer of the radio, or was VEB-Sternradio? Both have a mention on the back panel. If not, who were VEB Sternradio?
The small inductors look impossible to rewind, so thank goodness I have a pcb & keyboard.
When it was working (for a while) the sound was really great. I may have to move the UKW drive drum, as when I replaced the tuning gang, I think that I only allowed it for A.M bands (max capacitance setting).
Thanks
Mike
Schaltung ist unterwegs Smile
Habe immer soviel Arbeit, dass ich mir eine aussuchen kann. Smile

Grüße Frank, der Moschti
Hi Mike,

RFT was the name of the union of the manufacturers of all radio, TV and Phone products. VEB Sternradio was one of those manufacturers. Although there have been two VEB Sternradio. They had different products to make since 1960. Sonneberg produced big radios and later HiFi-Sets. Berlin produced radios and TVs, since 1960 they had to produce portable Radios only.
I hope this might answer your question, if I understood it right.

regards

Thommi
(23.05.2015, 09:15)Thommi schrieb: Hi Mike,

RFT was the name of the union of the manufacturers of all radio, TV and Phone products. VEB Sternradio was one of those manufacturers. Although there have been two VEB Sternradio. They had different products to make since 1960. Sonneberg produced big radios and later HiFi-Sets. Berlin produced radios and TVs, since 1960 they had to produce portable Radios only.
I hope this might answer your question, if I understood it right.

regards

Thommi
Hi Thommi.
Many thanks for your reply. Yes, the information was very useful.
Please thank Morningstar for the schematic?
Regards
Mike

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Bruns 6350 alias Saalburg 5170 MaxB 38 21.010 06.07.2017, 09:15
Letzter Beitrag: Dietmar
  Saalburg 5370B Marco 28 11.990 12.12.2016, 15:01
Letzter Beitrag: radioharry
  Saalburg 5170A "Restauration" auf die Schnelle Axel 61 2 6.361 13.03.2016, 18:55
Letzter Beitrag: Axel 61

Gehe zu: